I Stopped Being Invited to Any of Our Family Gatherings and Was Crushed When I Accidentally Found Out Why


We have been making an effort to be more present at family events despite our hectic schedules. There had to be more to it, however, since they began to withdraw from me. The cause for the quiet was something I was unprepared for.Hi, I'm Emily, and I've been happily married to my amazing husband, Alex, for over ten years. Alex, a Chinese national, won me over with his knowledge and generosity. His career is in technology, which he has always loved.


 

In contrast, I'm an accountant, so you might say that both of us have full schedules what with our hard employment and our own personal endeavors. Time spent with loved ones is frequently cut short because of this. But up until lately, we tried our best to show up for major family events, particularly Christmas gatherings.My family seemed to be growing apart, even though Alex and I had been rather busy. As an example, my cousins and I have a really tight relationship, but they have been avoiding me recently. Even though my hectic schedule makes me feel bad about missing