Crispy Pork Belly Bites (Perfectly Crispy, Melt-in-Your-Mouth Good)


 


  • 1 lb pork belly

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • ½ teaspoon black pepper

  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika

Substitution notes:
No smoked paprika? Use regular paprika. No garlic powder? Use onion powder.

Let's Make Pork Belly Bites (Step-by-Step)

Step 1: Prep the Pork Belly

Cut the pork belly into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.

Step 2: Cook the Pork Belly

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the pork belly pieces in the skillet, skin side down. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the skin is crispy and golden. Flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until the pork is cooked through.

Step 3: Drain and Serve

Drain on paper towels and serve hot.

Tips for the Best Pork Belly Bites

Use a good quality pork belly. It makes a difference.

Don't overcrowd the pan. Give the pieces room to crisp.

Cook until crispy. The skin should be crispy.

Drain on paper towels. This removes excess fat.

Serve immediately. They are best fresh.

Customize them. Add your favorite seasonings.

Variations to Make Them Your Own

With Spices: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper.

With Herbs: Add fresh herbs.

With a Glaze: Add a honey or soy glaze.

With a Sauce: Serve with a dipping sauce.

With a Different Cut: Use pork shoulder.

With a Different Seasoning: Use your favorite seasoning.

What to Serve With Pork Belly Bites

  • A dipping sauce

  • A salad

  • Rice

  • Noodles

  • Vegetables

How to Store and Reheat

Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Reheat: Reheat in the oven or toaster oven.

Freezer: They freeze well.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use a different cut of pork?
Yes, pork shoulder works well.

Can I bake them?
Yes, bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.

Can I add a sauce?
Yes, a dipping sauce is a great addition.

What is the best way to reheat them?
Reheat in the oven for best results.

Can I make them ahead of time?
Yes, they can be made ahead and reheated.

A Final Thought

When I make these crispy pork belly bites, I feel like I'm serving something special. They are the perfect appetizer for any occasion.

Have you ever made pork belly bites? Share your tips in the comments. 🐷🍖