Subtitle: Picture this: You're standing in the brightly lit meat aisle, squinting at a wall of neatly packaged chicken. The labels are practically shouting at you: "Fresh!" "Natural!" "Farm Raised!"
Let me tell you about the first time I started looking more closely at the labels on my chicken.
I was in my late twenties, and I was trying to make healthier choices. I noticed that the labels on chicken packages were confusing. I decided to do some research.
I learned that many of the labels are just marketing.
The Truth About Chicken Labels
"Fresh." This means the chicken has never been frozen.
"Natural." This means no artificial ingredients or added colors.
"Farm Raised." This means it was raised on a farm.
"Free-Range." This means the chicken had access to the outdoors.
"Organic." This means the chicken was raised without antibiotics or GMOs.
"Pasture-Raised." This means the chicken was raised on pasture.
The takeaway. The labels can be confusing.
The solution. Look for specific labels.
What to Look For
Organic. This is a reliable label.
Pasture-Raised. This is a more reliable label.
Free-Range. This is a good label.
Certified Humane. This is a good label.
Animal Welfare Approved. This is a good label.
The takeaway. Look for these labels.
The solution. Choose wisely.

