Pecan Pie Muffins (Bite-Sized Southern Comfort)



  • 1 cup chopped pecans

  • 1 cup brown sugar

  • ½ cup all-purpose flour

  • 2 large eggs

  • ½ cup melted butter

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Substitution notes:
No brown sugar? Use granulated sugar. No pecans? Use walnuts.

Let's Make Pecan Pie Muffins (Step-by-Step)

Step 1: Preheat and Prep

Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.

Step 2: Mix the Dry Ingredients

In a large bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar, and flour.

Step 3: Add the Wet Ingredients

Stir in the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until just combined.

Step 4: Fill the Muffin Cups

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about ¾ full.

Step 5: Bake

Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Step 6: Cool and Serve

Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.

Tips for the Best Pecan Pie Muffins

Use a good quality brown sugar. It adds depth of flavor.

Don't overmix. Overmixing can make them tough.

Don't overbake. Overbaking can make them dry.

Use melted butter. It adds richness.

Toast the pecans. Toasting them enhances their flavor.

Serve warm. They are best served warm.

Variations to Make Them Your Own

With Chocolate: Add chocolate chips.

With Bourbon: Add a splash of bourbon.

With Coconut: Add shredded coconut.

With Spices: Add a pinch of cinnamon.

With a Different Nut: Use walnuts or almonds.

With a Glaze: Drizzle with a simple glaze.

What to Serve With Pecan Pie Muffins

  • A cup of coffee or tea

  • A glass of milk

  • A scoop of vanilla ice cream

  • A dollop of whipped cream

How to Store and Reheat

Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.

Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or toaster oven.

Freezer: They freeze well.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use a different type of sugar?
Yes, you can use granulated sugar.

Can I add chocolate chips?
Yes, chocolate chips are a great addition.

Can I make them gluten-free?
Yes, use a gluten-free flour blend.

Can I use a different type of nut?
Yes, walnuts or almonds work well.

How long do they last?
Up to 4 days at room temperature.

A Final Thought

When I make these pecan pie muffins, I feel like I'm serving a taste of Southern comfort. They are the perfect bite-sized treat.

Have you ever made pecan pie muffins? Share your tips in the comments. 🥧🧁