Subtitle: Oh, my dear friend, what a wonderfully charming and thought-provoking title! It instantly brought a warm smile to my face and a vivid memory to my mind.
Let me tell you about the first time I had a "monster" under my bed.
I was in my late twenties, and I was reaching for a dropped hairpin in the dim light beside my bed. My hand brushed against something hard, dusty, and oddly shaped. My heart did a little flutter, and my mind instantly conjured up images of all sorts of creepy crawlies!
But when I turned on the lamp, what was my "monster"? A single, dusty, forgotten pistachio shell that must have rolled under the bed weeks ago.
The immediate relief was followed by a hearty, belly-deep laugh at my own imagination.
The "Brain Science" of Fear
The brain's response. The brain is wired to protect us.
The fight or flight response. It's a survival mechanism.
The effect. It can create a sense of panic.
The takeaway. Fear is a natural response.
The solution. Understand it.

