Caramel Chocolate Crunch Bars!!! (No-Bake, 5 Ingredients, and Absolutely Irresistible)



The essentials:

  • 1 cup sugar

  • 1 cup light corn syrup

  • 1 cup peanut butter

  • 4 cups crispy rice cereal

  • 1 cup chocolate chips (for topping)

Substitution notes:
No corn syrup? Use honey or maple syrup. No peanut butter? Use almond butter.

Let's Make Caramel Chocolate Crunch Bars (Step-by-Step)

Step 1: Prep the Pan

Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.

Step 2: Make the Caramel

In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute.

Step 3: Add the Peanut Butter

Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth.

Step 4: Add the Cereal

Add the crispy rice cereal and stir until well coated.

Step 5: Press into the Pan

Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan.

Step 6: Melt the Chocolate

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips.

Step 7: Spread the Chocolate

Spread the melted chocolate over the top.

Step 8: Chill

Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.

Step 9: Cut and Serve

Cut into bars and serve.

Tips for the Best Caramel Chocolate Crunch Bars

Use a good quality peanut butter. It makes a difference.

Press firmly. Firm pressure helps the bars hold together.

Don't overheat the caramel. It can burn.

Use a sharp knife. A sharp knife makes clean cuts.

Let them chill. Chilling helps them set.

Store properly. Store in an airtight container.

Variations to Make Them Your Own

With Salt: Sprinkle with sea salt.

With Nuts: Add chopped nuts.

With Coconut: Add shredded coconut.

With a Different Chocolate: Use dark or white chocolate.

With a Different Cereal: Use a different cereal.

With a Different Nut Butter: Use almond or cashew butter.

What to Serve With Caramel Chocolate Crunch Bars

  • A glass of milk

  • Coffee

  • Tea

  • Ice cream

How to Store and Reheat

Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.

Reheat: Not recommended.

Freezer: These bars freeze well.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use a different type of syrup?
Yes, honey or maple syrup works.

Can I use a different type of nut butter?
Yes, almond or cashew butter works.

Can I make them without peanut butter?
Yes, you can use a different nut butter.

Can I add other ingredients?
Yes, you can add nuts or coconut.

How long do they last?
They last for up to a week.

A Final Thought

When I make these caramel chocolate crunch bars, I feel like I'm making something special. They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty.

Have you ever made no-bake bars? Share your tips in the comments. 🍫🍯