Couple Diagnosed with Liver Cancer: Why Proper Food Storage Matters More Than You Think



Subtitle: At 73, living alone, I am incredibly proactive about my health. I keep a close eye on the early warning signs of serious conditions, I do everything I can to prevent cancer, and I pay very close attention to any sudden changes in my body.

Let me tell you about the first time I realized the importance of proper food storage.

I was in my late forties, and I was reading an article about a couple who were diagnosed with liver cancer. The cause was linked to their food storage practices. I was shocked.

I started thinking about my own food storage habits. I realized that I needed to be more careful.

The Link Between Food Storage and Liver Cancer

Aflatoxins. Aflatoxins are produced by certain molds.

Moldy food. Mold can grow on improperly stored food.

Liver cancer. Aflatoxins can cause liver cancer.

A common contaminant. Aflatoxins are a common contaminant in certain foods.

Proper storage is essential. Proper storage can prevent mold growth.

A serious risk. It's a serious risk.

Foods That Are Most at Risk

Peanuts. Peanuts are prone to mold.

Corn. Corn is prone to mold.

Wheat. Wheat is prone to mold.

Tree nuts. Tree nuts are prone to mold.

Spices. Spices are prone to mold.

Coffee beans. Coffee beans are prone to mold.

How to Store Food Properly

1. Keep Food Dry