Subtitle: Have you ever noticed dark, velvety patches on the back of your neck, under your arms, or in other skin folds that simply do not disappear, no matter how much you scrub?
Let me tell you about the first time I noticed dark patches on my skin.
I was in my late twenties, and I noticed a dark, velvety patch on the back of my neck. I thought it was dirt. I scrubbed it, but it wouldn't go away.
I was confused and a little embarrassed. I didn't know what it was.
I did some research, and I learned about acanthosis nigricans.
What Is Acanthosis Nigricans?
A skin condition. It's a skin condition characterized by dark, thickened, and velvety patches.
Common locations. It is most commonly found in skin folds, like the neck, armpits, and groin.
A sign of an underlying condition. It's not a disease itself, but a symptom of an underlying condition.
A common condition. It's a common condition.
A manageable condition. It can be managed.
A condition that needs attention. It's a condition that needs attention.

