Subtitle: Oh, my dear friend, I know exactly what you mean! There is nothing quite like pulling a favorite, reliable pair of jeans out of the dryer, only to find strange, wavy ripples running down the legs or puckering right along the seams.
Let me tell you about the first time I noticed weird ripples in my jeans.
I was in my late twenties, and I had just washed my favorite pair of jeans. I pulled them out of the dryer, and they were covered in strange, wavy ripples. I was disappointed. I didn't know what caused them.
I did some research, and I learned that it's a common problem.
The Science Behind the Ripples
Cotton shrinkage. Jeans are made of cotton, which shrinks when washed.
Tension. The tension from washing and drying can cause the fabric to warp.
The weave. The way the denim is woven can affect how it reacts to washing.
Heat. Heat can cause the fabric to shrink and warp.
Agitation. The agitation of the washing machine can cause the fabric to bunch.
The result. The ripples are the result of the fabric shrinking unevenly.

